Sunday, September 21, 2008

Murphy's Law in Practice...

Have you ever had one of those mornings where Murphy's Law just ruins the whole darn thing? Today was one of those mornings. Yesterday I found some really REALLY amazing fake toenails of my mother's that you glue on. She had bought them for my aunt's wedding a while ago, and so I asked if I could have them. She said yes! I was tremendously excited and started gluing right away. Long story short, I didn't check first to make sure that the kit had enough of the right size to fit all of my toes, and I ended up having lopsided-looking toenails. But they were BEAUTIFUL lopsided toenails. I went to bed satisfied. Don't ask me how, but this morning I woke up with only eight toenails. After breakfast, I had seven toenails. I got out of my shower, and I had six toenails left. How was I going to go to church with only six toenails??!?! I started panicking, immediately trying to pull off the rest of the toenails. I couldn't. Not if I wanted to keep any of my original ones! So I decided to just wear socks to church. Ok, so I started breathing again, only to realize I was late! I panicked again. I was running everywhere, throwing a skirt and shirt on, speeding through blow-drying my hair, and rushing my make-up. I guess I was rushing a little too much, because the next thing I know, the top to my foundation is floating in the toilet (which is right by the mirror) and I am shrieking in horror. THE TOILET. Wow, even thinking about it now makes me shudder. Eventually I made it to church, twenty minutes late with half of my fake toenails on and silent tears over my poor toilet water soaked make-up.
We went to see A Journey to the Center of the Earth last night after my volleyball tournament. You could definitely tell it was fake, but it was cute. I have to say the book was scarier.
We also went to Applebee's for dinner before the movie. Grandpa and Grandma took Chase and Gavin camping for a couple of days, and that left just the four of us. For once, our table was not littered with broken crayons and spilled sprite. It was nice.
Well, I think I am going to go look for those missing toe nails........

1 comment:

A lil' bit about me said...

Very funny! You can keep the toenails, I don't want them back now.
Love
Mom