Monday, September 22, 2008

Chaos


Phew! What a day! First of all, it was one of those days where you think "Oh my gosh, it must be three o'clock already!" and you look at the clock and it is only ten. In the morning. But I finally got through this Monday with only minimal excitement-MINIMAL. You see, it all started with a simple PE class.......

For the past couple of weeks, when the weather was nice and the field was not soggy mud, we have been going outside to learn softball. A little slow, but always interesting. Today was our last day before we start tennis, so we were making this last game count. People were actually playing seriously and actually trying to hit the ball and make it to first base. All was going well until a girl named Cacci stepped up to the plate. The pitch flew in over the plate, and she whacked a line drive straight to third base. Or, at least the third baseman. The hard-hit ball soared straight into the girl's forehead, knocking her onto the ground. My teacher ran out to her, meanwhile saying "teacher's worst nightmare, teacher's worst nightmare....." Everyone was either crying, running out to the injured, or just plain freaking out. The poor girl turned out to still be conscious, but now has some nasty cuts on her forehead.

Also, my exciting bus ride home......Now, you have to understand that this being my first year in public school, riding the bus is a new experience for me! But even I know that what happened today must not have been common place. There is a girl named Emily who rides my bus(at least I think that is her name, I am still working on names....) who happened to bring a snake in for her bio class. Fair enough. She stepped onto the bus, and our driver freaked out. Jumping up and down, screaming: "I will NOT drive that bus while the snake is on there. Get the snake off NOW! I need another bus driver to drive this route!" Seriously, she would not put one toe on the bus. We were delayed for fifteen minutes. Finally, the vice principal came out and made the girl let the snake go in the woods behind the school. I think Emily ended up crying, but our driver was able to actually step onto the bus. A snake. In a plastic jar. Whatever.

Ok, tomorrow Nellie and I are going to try to buy lunch. We are kind of scared, but we have enlisted people to help us. Wish us good luck.......

No comments: