Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great Day, Great Life

Today was amazing, wonderful, strange, weird, cool, fun, amazing. Amazing. First of all, my youth group went to a fall festival. Lots of games, prizes, and preaching. There were games like an obstacle course, dodge ball and volleyball tournaments, ropes course, paintball, rock wall, and other little games. Actually, there were a couple of obstacle courses. One involved a sheer wall of white boards that you had to be lifted up by teammates to get over. Once you got over the wall, there was a platform where you stood and lifted up other teammates over the wall. I was the first one over the wall. All went well. Kara came next. All went well. Then it was Annelise's turn. All went wrong. I think part of it was her fault, and part of it was mine and Kara's. Not sure. Either way, she ended up sliding down the front of the wall and falling a half of a foot to the ground. When she made contact with the slightly muddy ground, she moaned and closed her eyes. She did not get up. After running everywhere and finally getting her to the nurse's temporary office in a fifth wheel, Annelise started to sit up and devour a piece of pizza. It was just a little scary.
Then there was the whole boy incident. It feels kind of weird to post about it, so if you really REALLY want to know the whole story, just ask and I will tell all!
At the conference, Kara and Annelise and Sarah and I all made up fake names. My name was Monisha Fish. Kara was Renae Fish, Sarah was Percephanie Fish, and Annelise was AnnaBeth Fish. We were all sisters, and we had our whole life planned and memorized. We filled out numerous college and camp info cards, getting several comments on our fake names in the process. Especially on Monisha. lol.
Last night was really fun. First Kara and I painted our nails sparkly pink. Gorgeous. Did you know that to figure out if your nail polish is dry, you smell it? And if it still smells like fingernail polish, then it isn't dry. Anyway, we then video taped ourselves singing different songs (like "Unwritten", and "Mayberry") on my camera which we plugged into the tv and proceeded to make fun of our off-tune voices and choreography.Then we had ice cream and danced to Seasame Street silly songs like "8 Balls of Fur" and "Watermelons and Cheese". We also found the word flibbertigibbet (means a flighty, light-headed, chattery person). Interesting word. We didn't end up getting to bed until one, and we had to wake up at five thirty the next morning for the youth conference. Really smart.
In fact, I think I am going to go catch up on some sleep right now.......

2 comments:

A lil' bit about me said...

Sounds like you had a very interesting time at the Youth Rally.
Tell me more about the boy incident...

Ghostie said...

I want to hear about the boy incident! It sounds... Interesting...
Hehe, I'm painting my nails right now. I'll have to try that! ^^
(This is Courtney, btw)