Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009! I cannot believe it! It seems as if 2008 just flew by! As part of my "New Year Resolutions" I resolved to write faithfully at least three times a week. I blame the lack of posts in the last month or so on our computer crashing a while back. For a couple days we had no computer, and our whole family felt as if we were cut off from civilization. Dad told us that his office would buy us another one; if we would just wait. Dad is an accountant, and it's tax season. If we had waited for his office to buy another computer, I am sure we would still not have a computer. So, Mom went out and bought a brand new hard drive. It is supposed to be a bigger and better computer that should not crash; we'll see......... But my Mom and I still are upset about the loss of our old hard drive because we lost our whole music library and all our pictures. Stuff we can never get back.

So much has happened since my last post! We had those days where it never stopped snowing. I think we had about a foot and a half at some point.

My Mom, Alex, and I went to see Bedtime Stories on Tuesday. Word to the wise: rent the movie, don't see it in the theaters. It was a cute movie, but not cute enough to spend money at the theater. My Mom and Dad saw Seven Pounds also. They said it is really good. Maybe I will get to see it when it comes out!

And speaking of movies........Elf! We got it this year as a Christmas present. So cute. We also got TMNT, Ice Age 1&2, and What a Girl Wants. Alex got a PlayStation 2 and guitar hero stuff. At first I was a little skeptical about the guitar hero, but after I played it a few times (and poned everyone!), I realized it was pretty fun. He got a game for guitar hero of 80s songs. Alex and I got a little creeped out when Mom and Dad started to sing along with them.........

My Dad got a family membership to a gym for my Mom for Christmas. The first time we went, Mom and I immediately moved toward the elliptical machine. Just imagine our horror as we looked down at the control pad-all the foreign signs and buttons. The hardest part to figure out was how to turn it on! I bet we stood there for five minutes, trying in vain to get lucky and start the thing. Finally Mom went to get help, and I stood there, mortified. I am sure all the other people in the gym were snickering, laughing at the newbies. I guess there is open swim on certain days, and the boys are definitely psyched about that.

For Christmas, our whole family got a Belgian waffle maker from my Nana and Papa. We have had waffles like three times this week. Yummmm!

Ok well Happy New Year! I hope everyone accomplishes their resolutions, including me!

No comments: