Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wonderful Weekend



Wow what a great weekend! So many great things, good stories, hilarious memories!




Ever since volleyball started, I have had a pre-paid cell phone from Virgin Mobile. Don't ever get a cell from there! Ever! It is horrible. I guess they recycle their phone numbers after thirty days, and I was getting calls from Washington, California, South Dakota, and all over the U.S. I was even getting some sales calls. I switched my phone number, thinking it would help, but it didn't. So, on Friday, my mom went to a Verizon store-AND I GOT A NEW PURPLE PHONE!!! Mom has the same one, but that is ok!

I also have to tell you a story about the Verizon store- and its customers! It was kind of crowded that day, so there was a wait to see a floor rep person. Our rep was in the back getting our new phones when Mom happened to hear another sales guy behind us talking to a lady about our soon-to-be purple phone. He said something about getting additional money off, and Mom turned around to ask him about it. The lady that he was originally talking to huffed(yes, HUFFED) and turned her back on Mom, rolling her eyes. Mom was shocked and embarrassed and apologized for interrupting. The lady turned back around, really upset by now, and said "I had to wait for quite a while to talk to this guy, and you can't just barge in on our time! You have to be fair in public; you didn't wait to talk to him, I did!" Mom, in disbelief, said "OK, lady, just have a good time talking to him then," and walked back towards me. I could hear the lady say to the guy, "That was very rude of her!" and continue talking as if nothing had ever happened. Mom and I just could not believe that this lady had freaked out about something like that, and it was kind of a relief when after the lady left, the sales guy came and told Mom sorry for her behavior. It was just a little weird....


AND THEN, we went to see Madagascar 2 yesterday. As most of you know, yesterday was opening day for gun hunting deer season. My dad is big into hunting, as is most of my relatives on his side. So, my uncle, grandpa, and my dad spent a large amount of this past weekend in the woods behind our house. (To the horror of our poor dog who would huddle in her doghouse, whining with ears laid back flat on her head every time she heard a gun shot.) My brothers, Mom, and I got a little bored; we decided to go shopping and to a movie. The movie was soooooo cute! My favorite part was Moto Moto. Adorable. In this movie, the animals make it to a reserve where Alex finds his parents, and the other animals find their own kind. And they once again meet their arch-nemesis, the Granny. You should just go see it!

Well now I am broke from all that shopping, and not ready to go back to school after my four day weekend! This week is exam week, so I don't know how much I will be posting. Most likely, I will be cramming each night. But, on the bright side, Thursday and Friday are half days!!! And Friday will be busy because Mom just for some reason thinks I should go to the dentist at least once a year(weird, I know!), and so I have to go to the dentist Friday. Also, the highschool play is Friday. I'm excited to see "When Our Hearts Were Young and Gay." lol

No comments: